Pages - Menu

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Where to Eat in Myeongdong, Seoul: Myeongdong Gyoja

Myeongdong Gyoja (명동교자)

Here is what we ordered: 

Soybean Soup 콩국수(cold)- This is a summer favorite!
Beef and Dumplings Soup (갈국수)



Each of these soups was 8,000 won. You have to pay right when you order. There are plenty of attentive waiters ready to give you more kimchi. We saw some people request more broth and they were give more in an instant for no extra charge. Apparently the Kimchi is really famous but we found it to be too strong for our tastes and that is coming from me who really really really likes kimchi. 
The soups are very filling and honestly I have tried the bean soup in one other place and it doesn't compare to this one which was just the right thickness and temperature. This soup is served in the summer especially because of its refreshing taste. And Jacky gave her guk an 8/10. If you can't handle spice then I suggest you get this soup because it is not spicy at all. 

We highly recommend this place and we look forward to going back soon!




How to get there:

There are 2 location in Myeongdong.

If you get off Myeongdong station, find the main central avenue (Migfiore on one corner and Uniqlo across it). Start walking away from the station until you see Dunkin Donuts on your left. Stop there and make a RIGHT turn, then you can make a left turn on the first corner or make a RIGHT down the first corner. Both branches are located near each other.

Just look for this sign.



P.S We ate at the Main Restaurant.

This is map from the website


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks delicious! I really hope to visit Korea sometime, so I really liked reading your blog ~ I am following you now^^

    If you have time, you could come and check out my blog, I write a lot about Asian fashion and music if you're interested ~ I'd love to hear from you!

    http://emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk/
    -Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stayed in Myeongdong for couple of weeks and decided to stop by here. The soup and beef were good (forgot what I ordered). They always refill your kimchi but I thought their kimchi was too sour and not that great. But I would probably come back to eat there again :D

    ReplyDelete